Jason Dannemiller has over 21 years of experience providing both federal and state and local tax consulting services, primarily focusing on state income/franchise tax, sales and transaction taxes, and Washington gross receipts tax.
Jason serves clients in a wide variety of industries, including technology, biotech, manufacturing, consumer products, real estate, energy and utilities, healthcare, sports franchises, and private and charter aircraft operations.
Jason specializes in delivering strategic business solutions for companies to use in efficiently managing their state and local tax burdens. He has extensive experience in:
- Designing state tax strategies in corporate reorganizations
- Consulting on complex income/franchise, sales/use, and gross receipts tax issues and planning opportunities
- Evaluating potential income/franchise and sales/use tax exposure attributable to multistate activities
- Assisting clients with state tax provisions and accounting for uncertain tax positions on financial statements (FASB ASC 740)
- Advising on acquisition due diligence, including identifying potential state/local tax implications on proposed acquisitions
- Assisting with state tax controversies, and preparing requests for rulings and advisory opinions on state tax matters
Before joining Andersen Tax, Jason was in the state and local tax practices of EY and KPMG.