Joe Karczewski has over 25 years of federal tax planning experience serving private equity firms, private and public companies and wealthy families. He serves as the Regional Managing Director for the Central Region and is Chairman of the firm’s Board of Directors.
Before joining Andersen Tax, Joe was a partner at Arthur Andersen and KPMG where he participated on various specialty teams, and served as the market leader for the Technology, Media and Communications Industry Practice in Chicago. Joe also served as a principal at Lake Capital Partners.
Joe advises clients on matters such as:
- Overall business structure planning including choice of entity, utilization of hybrid structures to increase after-tax cash flow and create additional value upon exit
- Mergers and acquisition transactions and due diligence
- Utilization of S corporations, partnerships and private equity fund structures
- Family business structure and succession planning
- Overall financial and tax planning for successful families including multi-generation estate and trust tax planning
Joe is a frequent speaker to professional organizations on tax planning highlights and current tax developments. He is also a member of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago Board of Managers as well as a member of the external relationships committee. The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living.