Robert L. Popovitch
Rob Popovitch has over 25 years of experience providing tax planning and wealth preservation services to ultra-high-net-worth clients, including some of the wealthiest families in the country and a wide variety of successful business owners, investors (e.g., managers of hedge, PE and VC funds), professionals and executives.
Rob’s overarching objectives include:
- Enhancing after-tax cash flows via advanced income tax planning;
- Reducing estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes to bolster his clients’ multi-generational wealth transfer plans; and
- Enhancing the net assets of his clients, their heirs, and their charitable endeavors through comprehensive financial and tax planning at the business and individual levels.
Rob’s practice areas include:
- Wealth transfer taxation (gift tax, estate tax and generation-skipping transfer tax);
- Income taxation of individuals, trusts, estates, and partnerships;
- Family office design and operations, including structuring family investment funds;
- Exit planning for controlling business owners and pre-transaction tax planning;
- Buy/sell agreements (business continuation planning);
- Advanced uses of life insurance and annuities for income and estate tax planning; and
- Improving accounting systems and procedures to support better tax and financial decisions.
Rob is the author of Guide to Buy/Sell Agreements, which is now in its eighteenth edition. Prior to joining Andersen Tax, Rob was a Managing Director at Deloitte where he led the firm’s north Texas private wealth tax practice. Rob has also served as general counsel for a closely held oil and gas exploration and production company and a financial services firm.