Mark Wood is a Managing Director in the State and Local Tax practice. He has over 21 years experience advising clients on state and local tax issues. Mark has advised clients on state and local tax issues in the area of income, franchise, sales, use, property, unclaimed property, and payroll tax. However, during his career his main focus of practice has been on advising clients on state and local income/franchise tax issues.
Mark serves clients in a variety of industries including retail/wholesale distribution, timber, high tech, manufacturing, financial services, and telecommunications.
Mark works with companies to help manage their state tax burden as well as identifying and obtaining overpayments for clients. His experiences include:
- State and Local tax implications encountered in corporate reorganizations
- Reporting of changes to federal taxable income to state and local taxing jurisdictions
- Assisting clients with preparing and reviewing state components of ASC 740 & ASC 450
- Assisting clients with analysis and preparation of ASC 450-10 reserves
- Representing clients in state tax controversy matters
- Performing income, franchise and sales/use tax nexus studies
- Performing income tax reviews to determine alternative filing positions / overpayment identification
- Analyzing and advising on acquisition / divestiture due diligence to identify state and local tax issues
Mark's technical experience focuses on corporations but he has extensive experience in partnerships, and S corporation compliance issues. His general corporate practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, as well as other types of restructurings.
Prior to joining Andersen Tax, Mark spent time with EY in the SALT practice. Prior to EY, he worked at KPMG.