Timothy M. Wylie
Tim Wylie is a member of the Andersen Tax Private Client Services practice and works with wealthy families and their related businesses, trusts, private foundations and other entities. Tim assists individuals and multi-generational family groups with income, estate and gift tax planning and compliance, wealth transfer and business succession planning, and charitable giving strategies and structures.
Tim also advises global families (with assets and/or members around the world) with respect to international income, estate and gift tax planning and compliance. Additionally, he works with the Tax Exempt Advisory Services specialty group to advise some of the largest private foundations in the country regarding various unrelated business income, self dealing, excess business holding and other excise tax issues.
Prior to Andersen Tax, Tim worked in the Private Client Services practice at Arthur Andersen. He is a frequent presenter and author including:
- Tax Strategies Every Family Office Should Know, Certificate in Financial Management for the Family Office, Pepperdine University, October 2015
- Current Developments in Trust and Estate Planning, Tax Practitioners Conference, Los Angeles County Bar Association, June 2015
- Trips, Traps, Hazards and Unintended Income Tax Consequences for Estates and Non-Grantor Trusts – Income Tax Planning for Estates and Trusts, USC Tax Institute, Gould School of Law, January 2012
- Tax Planning in Uncertain Times, WTAS News, December 2010
- Wealth Transfer Strategies, WTAS News, Fourth Quarter 2005
- An Estate Plan Checklist in Six Easy Pieces, Family Office Exchange, 4th Quarter 2005
- U.S. Tax Enforcement Abroad, Global Wealth Solutions, September 2004
Tim is an adjunct professor for the LLM in Taxation program at Loyola Law School of Loyola Marymount University, teaching Income Taxation of Trusts and Estates.
Tim served as the District Director, President, Vice President for Finance, and is a Charter Member of the Nu Rho chapter of Delta Sigma Pi, the international professional business fraternity. He also serves on the Board of the Alumni Association of Vacaville High School.