Feria and Macpherson to Speak at Valuation Issues in Transfer Tax Planning
WTAS Hosts Valuation Issues in Transfer Tax Planning.
This two and one half hour seminar will provide a basis and framework for business valuation in a wealth transfer context. The participant will learn how to proactively address valuation and Section 2036 issues in transfer tax planning, how to review an appraisers’ discount conclusions for reasonableness, and other topics that are critical to advising the high net worth community, including:
- Practical experience dealing with IRS on valuation issues in examinations;
- Methods for determining discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability;
- IRS requirements for a Qualified Appraisal and Qualified Appraiser;
- The Step Transaction Doctrine and IRC Sec. 2036 issues;
- IRS' positions on these and other topics.
WTAS Managing Directors, Randy Macpherson whose 23 years of experience enables him to effectively integrate income tax planning for privately-held businesses with wealth-transfer planning for the owners as well as Dean Feria with 17 years of experience in providing valuation services to corporate enterprises, high net worth individuals and private equity funds.
This seminar is by invitation only.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
Phillips Point Club at the Top of the Point
West Palm Beach, FL