The U.S. has very complex rules and reporting requirements for foreign trusts. Our experts navigate these rules every day for our clients. Andersen Tax professionals work closely with our National Tax Office (NTO) in Washington, D.C. Our NTO monitors tax developments and serves as a resource for specialized areas of tax, such as foreign trusts. The NTO has extensive contacts in Internal Revenue Service, U.S. Treasury and other governmental bodies to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality and most current advice.
Our services related to foreign trusts include:
- Structuring foreign trusts for U.S. estate planning
- Consulting regarding the establishment of pre-immigration trusts for non-resident aliens
- Structuring distributions from foreign trusts to U.S. beneficiaries
- Asset protection planning
- Preparing fiduciary accountings and tax returns