Andersen Tax conducts detailed analysis of the target’s financial statements and pertinent business documents, discussion with company management, and a thorough review of current economic and industry-specific conditions. We combine our valuation expertise with our deep knowledge of the relevant sections of both U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting rules to deliver fair values that stand up under third-party review.
We have experience valuing a wide array of tangible assets, intangible assets and liabilities. Tangible assets include real property, leasehold improvements, leases, inventory, machinery and equipment, and other fixed assets. Intangible assets include technology and proprietary practices, customer relationships and contracts, franchise rights and licensing agreements, trade names and trademarks, non-compete agreements, and other assets. We can also value assumed liabilities such as deferred revenue or the fair value of contingent consideration. Below is an overview of our complete financial reporting offering:
- Allocation of the purchase price paid in a transaction to acquired intangible and tangible assets and assumed liabilities
- Goodwill and long-lived asset impairment analyses (including intangible and tangible assets)
- Stock option, derivative and “cheap stock” analyses, including phantom stock and profit units
- Determination of the fair value of financial instruments both assets and liabilities
- Determination of the value of contingent consideration
- Fair value reporting of investment portfolios for private equity and venture capital firms