Metcircle Chicago: Tax Planning Workshop
Metcircle Chicago presents a Tax Planning Workshop: Fading Golden Opportunity...the $5 Million Gift Tax Exemption
Metcircle is a networking organization founded in 1991 for ultra high net worth families. Based in New York City, the group has approximately 100 member families, located primarily in the New York metropolitan area but also in Florida, Illinois, Texas and around the world. Recently, Metcircle formed subgroups in Chicago, Los Angeles and Metcircle South in Washington, D.C.
The $5 million gift tax exemption ($10 million jointly) expires December 31, 2012. So just a few months to go to take advantage of a true Golden Opportunity to greatly minimize gift and estate taxes.
On August 2, 2012, James J. Raaf, WTAS Managing Director, will conduct a practical workshop for those who have not taken advantage of the exemption. Jim will go over an example case that leverages and maximizes the benefits of the exemption –
- Use of the full $10 million joint exemption to create the equity for the children/grandchildren.
- Leveraging gifts at a significant minority and illiquidity discount.
- Utilizing very low IRS allowed interest rates to further enhance long-term wealth transfers.
- Focus on generation-skipping tax planning.
- Discussing a number of different planning strategies which can have significant long-term benefits.