Accounting Services for Closely-Held Businesses & Local Tax
Andersen Tax is committed to assisting our clients with a range of accounting services, from the establishment of accounting functions to specialized business consulting services.
Running a fast-growing company presents unique challenges. It is imperative that management focus on its core competencies to create and sustain a competitive edge, customer base and profitability. At the same time, access to timely and accurate financial information is essential. Building an in-house accounting and tax department can be both a time-consuming and distracting task. Our outsourcing approach gives clients immediate access to an effective and efficient finance and accounting solution.
In addition, our infrastructure can keep pace as company operations expand and volume of activity escalates. Our accounting services for closely-held businesses and local tax professionals can provide services such as:
Establishment of Accounting Functions
Andersen Tax can assist you with the initial set-up of your accounting functions, including:
- Assessment of financial accounting system needs and implementation of appropriate general ledger
- Design of effective accounting processes, forms and workflow
- Implementation of policies, procedures and internal controls
- Design and development of financial and management reporting packages
- Development of budgets and forecasts
Ongoing Accounting Outsourcing
Andersen Tax can serve as the company’s full accounting department on an outsourced basis, assuming responsibility for all finance and accounting functions from the controller level down to administration, including:
- General accounting, record-keeping, reconciliation and financial reporting functions
- Cash disbursements and accounts payable processing
- Sales invoicing and accounts receivable processing
- Inventory management
- Specialized industry accounting
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow projection
- Fixed assets
- Cash management
Support During An External Audit
Andersen Tax is not a CPA firm, but we are experienced in dealing with the audit process from the perspective of the client. Andersen Tax can assist your staff as you respond to your independent auditors. We can provide qualified personnel to help you with preparation of schedules and analyses, assistance in responding to auditor’s inquiries in addition to functioning as the interface with your auditors, assistance with IPO preparation and drafting of SEC-required disclosures.
Specialized Business Consulting Services
Many businesses that have established their own in-house accounting functions have benefited from our consulting services. Andersen Tax can provide the services needed to support your internal staff which in turn creates a holistic approach to developing accounting solutions that are necessary.
- Business Process Review Services – Andersen Tax can review your company’s existing processes, workflow, personnel capabilities and technology, and identify specific opportunities to improve the overall operational efficiency of your accounting and administrative functions.
- Internal Control Services – Our specialists can provide consulting services focused on designing, assessing, enhancing and testing internal controls.
- Policies and Procedures – Andersen Tax has helped many companies to formulate, tailor and document effective policies and procedures to fit their unique circumstances.
Temporary Staffing Assistance
We can provide experienced accounting professionals who step in on an interim basis to assist with special projects, meet seasonal needs, fill an unexpected vacancy, or assist in times of transition or growth.